Who said sexy is out? I didn’t. Matter of fact lean abs, tight butt, and exploding energy never turns me off. Those are all things I strive for, so I went searching…
Here are a few tips I’ve started applying right away.
1. Drink lots of water. I’m sure you’ve heard this one before!? Drink 8 – 8 oz of water a day, but that is only if you want to sustain your weight. If you are trying to lose, than you will have to increase it to almost double. Water is a natural detoxifier it purifies the body removing toxins and waste from our system. It even helps with improving skin texture and increase the metabolic rate as well. Water is a winning solution, drink up!
2. Sleep early! Do you know that our health is affected when we sleep after midnight? According to a research, our lymph gland does detoxification between 9:00 pm-11:00 pm. If you have the habit of working on this interval and sleeping after midnight, the experts say your health is being jeopardized. So, unwind and relax… get your beauty sleep!
3. Exercise daily. Do you want to eliminate stress in your life? Increase your metabolism naturally? That this is very important, EXERCISE! Our body was created for movement. If you sit around doing nothing or very little throughout the day then you’re depriving yourself of good health. Exercise develops good cardiovascular endurance, increased metabolism, good circulation, and immunity. Wow, I was shocked to hear immunity… crazy just to think that a few good workouts throughout the week can keep me away from the medicine cabinet and feeling down in the dumps. I don’t know about you but I am all for the idea of looking better and feeling better… gooooooo treadmill, yoga, and blissful walks with my iTouch turned up enough to jam out!
4. Eat good food. Have you ever hear the saying “You are what you eat?”? If you have, then you’re like most of us who question whether or not we are a french-fry, hamburger, a bag of chips, a donut… need a say more? Our foods are like fuel to our body… could you imagine putting lard in your car for fuel? How well do you think it will run? Then why do we do this to our bodies? The foods we eat everyday affect our health good or bad. But if you want a healthier YOU than try eating a healthier: lots of vegetables and fruit, and whole-grain breads, cereals, and pastas (are ok in moderation), even lean meats can be eaten from time to time. Just try to stay away from processed and fried foods as much as possible no diet pill needed.
5. Lessen sugar consumption. Sweet tooth, ey? On average people consume 2-3 pounds of sugar each week from table sugar, dextrose, butters, bread, etc. Our body needs sugar because it is broken down to ATP and used as a source of energy, but too much of it is not good. Sugar raises insulin level and has the ability to depress the Immune System while causing drowsiness, kidney problems, increased risk of coronary heart disease, even cause your teeth to decay. Don’t let it still you joy!
Eat right, get healthy, you’re life depends on it. Make a commitment today to apply one of these principles and do it for thirty days, then add another. Before you know it they all will become healthy habits leading to a healthier you!PHOTO CREDITS: ChoosingRaw.com